Carrot & Orange Muffins (NO sugar)
March 25, 2019
: approx 12-15 muffins
: 10 min
: 20 min
: 25 min
Super easy baby muffins for you baby 6 months old + , toddler and family. These are naturally sweetened using fresh squeeze from an orange.
- 150 grams self-raising flour
- 2 eggs (for a egg-free alternative use 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal mixed with 5 tbsp of water)
- 60 grams unsalted butter (dairy alternative: use coconut oil instead)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 oranges (or 150ml fresh orange juice)
- * additional: feel free to add raisins or sultanas for more sweetness (i usually do half batch with and half batch without)
- Step 1 Pre-heat oven 190 degrees celcius, then line muffin tin with paper cases or grease a silicone muffin tray. Grate carrots and place in a bowl. Then squeeze out the orange juice from the oranges into the same bowl and grate the zest from 1 of the oranges.
- Step 2 Add melted butter into the carrot mix.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl whisk the 2 eggs and then add into the mixture. Then fold through the flour into the mixture.
- Step 4 Spoon out the mixture into each paper case or a greased silicone muffin tray, smooth out the top of each muffin mixture, to prevent any grated carrot from burning. (*option: If adding sultanas to half the muffins, spoon out half the mixture into cases then mix through half a cup of sultanas to the other half of the mixture and spoon out the rest into the cases.) Bake for approx 20-25 minutes until centre is cooked. Leave to cool on a wired rack. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months.