BLW Porridge Bites (5 Ingredients)
These porridge bites are great for baby led weaners 6 months old + They are also great for toddlers and the rest of the family as a snack or breakfast on the run. It is pretty much a small porridge portion in a bite size biscuit shape. These are nice and soft - and no MESSY porridge to clean up! Easy to make, high in iron and great for little hands. My 6 month old baby Lewis and my daughter Ava (2 years old) loved these xx Note: if you would like to make this recipe egg-free, replace 1 egg with flax-egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water. Blend until mixture is thick, creamy, egg like) it’s been tried and tested.
- 150g oats
- 1 egg
- A big handful of blueberries
- 1 large banana OR 2 small bananas
- A good sprinkle of cinnamon
- * (optional) 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven to 180 DC. Line a tray with baking paper OR a silicone baking sheet (these are great!)
- Step 2 Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently squash the blueberries. Once combined, use a tablespoon and scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and place in your hands and form a ball approx 3cm wide.
- Step 3 Place each ball on the baking tray and then lightly flatten with a wet fork (dip fork in water so the mix doesn’t stick to the fork) until it’s approx 2cm thick. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Step 4 Place in the oven for 10 minutes until slightly brown. Leave the bites to cool, then store in a airtight container and place into the fridge for up to 4 days. These bites freeze well! Up to 3 months!
- Step 5 How to serve for a *6 months old + baby led weaner showing all readiness signs to start solids? serve the biscuit/bite whole like in the photo of Lewis. So baby can pick it up himself and put it in his own mouth. All control with the baby.