Thanks for sharing your journey. Your Instagram page and website have helped me SO much in terms of encouragement and recipes.
My daughter Nalia is 9 months old and we are in Canada 🙂
1. When did your baby commence BLW? at 6 months.
2. What were bub’s first foods? We started with fruits and veg cut into sticks such as roasted squash and sweet potato, fresh cucumber, apple and cantaloupe.
3. At what month did your baby ‘really’ start to eat / swallow a lot more foods? Around 8 months. And we noticed another big change at 9 months, eating a lot more and finding less on the floor!
4. If you could give one piece of advice to new mums/dads starting out, what would it be? To trust your baby and not have set expectations based on age or others’ experiences. I also enjoyed finding BLW recipes shared by other parents for inspiration cooking and baking for baby is fun!
5. Any setbacks ie allergies, intolerances, eating regression? The only set back was when we gave her sticks of Tofu at 7 months. She was eating it well but then started gagging and eventually threw it up (even out the nose!) and we had a hard time calming her down that evening. This event scared me but I thought I owe it to my daughter to keep going and to trust the journey (but minus the tofu…).
6. What age is your baby now and is she/he a good eater now? She is now 9 months and is eating more and more. Her portions aren’t huge but they have been growing over time and I’ve also noticed that she now breaks food apart into smaller pieces before bringing them to her mouth. It’s a constant evolution!
Some of her favourite foods now are eggs, turkey meatballs, blueberry poridge balls, coconut blueberry muffins, roasted squash and sweet potatoes, melon (thanks BabyLedWeaningIdeas for the meatball and porridge ball recipes!).