2 ingredient Healthy Crumpets
February 4, 2018
: 5 min
: 2 min
: 7 min
Ever wondered how to make home-made crumpets? Here is a super easy, healthy recipes for you, your family and your baby led weaner 6mo+
- 1/2 cup of cooked Cous Cous (prep: steam/cook a 1/4 cup of raw cous cous to create your 1/2 cup of cooked cous cous, then leave to cool)
- 1 egg
- Step 1 In a bowl combine your cooked and cooled cous cous with 1 egg.
- Step 2 On a stove top, medium heat, with a little olive oil or unsalted butter, spoon out 1 sized crumpet leaving it nice and thick, wait until the top of the crumpet starts to bubble, then flip to cook the other size of the crumpet.
- Step 3 once cooked, remove from heat and place on a wired rack to cool a little, then serve with any spread of your choice! (unsalted butter, peanut butter, Vegemite, honey- for over 1s only, banana, yogurt – you name it!) You can serve either as savoury or sweet.
- Step 4 To freeze: dry freeze the crumpets, store in a zip lock bag or container for up to 3 months. To defrost: place straight into the toaster to reheat!