Are you looking for an healthier alternative to refined sugar in your baking for your Baby Led Weaner 6mo+ and family? Are you looking for a natural sweetener that is super cheap, easy and tasty to make? Then here is the recipe for you - DATE PASTE! Rather than buying syrups and pastes from the supermarket, just buy dates (any dates) and make your own sweetener to add into your baking recipes at home. Date paste can be stored in the fridge and can last up to 4 weeks OR store in the freezer and can last up to 3 months. All you need is dates and a blender. Suitable for bubs 6mo+
- 350 grams of seedless dates
- * Note: you will need an old jam jar OR any jar laying around the kitchen, to place the date paste into once made.
- Step 1 Place all dates into a medium sized bowl and then pour in boiled hot water (just covering all the dates). Leave the dates to soak (soften) for approx 5 minutes. Then drain out approx 3/4 of the water, leaving you with all the dates and approx 1/4 of the date water left behind. Then blend all the dates and date water for approx 1 to 2 minutes, until date paste is smooth.
- Step 2 Spoon out the Date Paste into a glass jar, place lid on jar and store in the fridge ready for any use in your baking!
- Step 3 There you have it – DATE PASTE.
- Step 4 *Storage and notes: date paste can be stored in the fridge and can last up to 4 weeks OR store in the freezer and can last up to 3 months. To substitute date paste for sugar in recipes, use the 1:1 ratio.