NO-BAKE Carob Oaty Bites
November 6, 2017
: Made 10 balls
: 5 min
: 30 min
: 35 min
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2x tbsp almond butter
- 1x tbsp carob powder (you can purchase from your local health food store)
- 3 tbsp of water
- 9x seedless dates (Prep: soak the dates in hot water until soft, then drain out the water) OR alternatively 2x heap tablespoons of 'date paste'
- Step 1 Combine all ingredients in a blender for 1-2minutes (until mixture is wet enough to mold into balls… if too wet just as more oats!)
- Step 2 Roll each ball to the size you want (using wet hands – makes it easier to roll), then lightly coat/roll each ball in oats or dessicated coconut if you prefer.
- Step 3 Place balls into an airtight container and place in the fridge for 30min to set.
- Step 4 You can also freeze these balls (which I prefer so they last longer). To defrost: take the frozen balls out of the freezer and leave on the kitchen bench for 30 minutes. Enjoy this delicious recipe!