3-ingredient Zucchini Fritters
OMG these zucchini fritters are to die for! The ingredients are so simple and the end result of these fritters are SO tasty!! Who would think so with only 3-ingredients. These fritters are great for baby led weaner starters 6mo+ and is a great way to introduce egg into bub's diet. These fritters are great for the family and are a great lunch, dinner or even a snack on the run. (Please note: egg is a potential allergen food. The latest 2017 ASCIA recommendations are to introduce egg and all other allergen foods between 6mo-12mo, this may potentially prevent the risk of bub developing an allergy in the near future (ref: ASCIA). Please speak with your Dr or Ped. if you have any concerns or about introducing allegenic foods to your baby.)
- 1x large Zucchini
- 2x free range eggs
- 1/4 cup of plain flour (all purpose-flour)
- * Additional (but not needed): full fat greek yogurt to serve the fritters with as a dipping sauce.
- Step 1 On a chopping board or big bowl, grate the whole Zucchini. Then in a separate bowl (or over the sink) take handfuls of the grated Zucchini and squeeze out the excess water, whilst placing the ready ‘grated’ zucchini into a big bowl.
- Step 2 Mix all ingredients: dryer grated zucchini, 2x eggs and flour in a bowl, and your mixture is now ready!
- Step 3 Prepare a big plate with paper towel and set aside near the stove top (ready for the fritters after cooking)
- Step 4 On the stove top, place a fry pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Step 5 Using a tablespoon, spoon out zucchini fritters to the size you would like and flatten them down a little bit.
- Step 6 Cook both sides from approx. 1.30 to 2min each side.
- Step 7 Once fritters are cooked, place them on the plate with the paper towel, to cool.
- Step 8 Serve straight away (with full fat greek yogurt for dipping) OR let them all cool and freeze them for snacks though out the next couple of week 🙂 Enjoy!