Do you want to know how to make healthy chicken nuggets without preservatives, sugar or salt for your baby led weaner? These chicken nuggets are super easy and you will never buy chicken nuggets again. They are easily freezable and can last up to 3 months. Easy to pick up for baby led weaner starters and a great way to introduce egg into bub's diet if you haven't done so already. Recipe is suitable for 6mo+... great for parties, for the family and for snacks.
- 2x organic free range chicken breasts
- 2x free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup of plain flour (you may need a little more on standby...)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (you can make your own by whizzing up 2x slices of wholemeal bread in the the blender) - (you may need a little more on standby...)
- Step 1 Turn on the oven 170 degrees and prepare an oiled tray or line with baking paper
- Step 2 Take out 3x separate bowls
- Step 3 In the first bowl, pour the flour in
- Step 4 In the second bowl, crack the 2x eggs and mix until combined
- Step 5 In the third bowl, pour the bread crumbs in
- Step 6 On a chopping board, cut up the chicken breasts into approx 5cm chunks, you can cut any size and shape! (For younger babyledweaners make them bigger than their fist, so can easily be picked up with little hands)
- Step 7 Then, let the dunking begin! dunk each piece of chicken into the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, then lay each piece onto the prepared baking tray… repeat until all chicken nuggets are on the tray ready for cooking.
- Step 8 Place the tray into the oven for approx 12-15min, take out and test for tenderness and if cooked at 12min. If cooked then they are ready to eat.
- Step 9 If you want to freeze them, i suggest ‘flash freezing them first’ (photo below as to what flash freezing is), then you can easily place them all into a bag into the freezer.
- Step 10 Enjoy!