These delicious Oaty Biscuits are SUPER EASY to make and are great for BLWers, toddlers and for the whole family! They are great for breakfast on the run or a snack or even for teething babies 6mo+ the texture of the biscuits are nice and soft and not too hard for bub or toddlers to suck, nibble, chew or eat. Mum and Dad also eat these biscuits as a healthy alternative to supermarket biscuits. They are the perfect sweetness, and are not too sweet for bubs, giving them a healthy snack on the run.
- 1x cup of oats (quick oats or normal whole oats will do) we use Scotts Oats or Uncle Toby's oats.
- 1x cup of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1x teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4x tbsp of organic pure maple syrup (alternative: use 4 tbsp of date paste, recipe under Spreads & Dips)
- 100g x unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Step 1 Turn on the oven 170 degrees celcius
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl place all dry ingredients (oats, flour, cinnamon) and mix together
- Step 3 Then add cubes of butter into the dry ingredients and massage (rub in the butter with finger tips) all the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Step 4 Then add the maple syrup and continue to combine all ingredients with your hands, until you form one big cookie dough ball.
- Step 5 Using a cookie shaper: on a oiled or watered non-stick workbench surface, roll out all the cookie dough and flatten out with your hands (or use a rolling pin) so dough is about 1cm thick, then press out cookie shapes how you desire (we used a heart shape).
- Step 6 *ALTERNATIVELY (if your not using a cookie shaper): pull off small fistfuls of cookie dough, then roll little ball shapes, place onto a non-stick flat baking tray, and press down on each cookie ball with a fork (tip: dip the fork into water so it doesn’t stick to the dough) to create a biscuit shape you desire.
- Step 7 Place tray into the oven for 12min until cooked.
- Step 8 Once cooked, leave cookies to cool on a cooling rack and they will harden. Store the cookies in a airtight cookie jar container for approx 3-4 weeks OR freeze for approx 4-5 months xx Enjoy!