6-Ingredient Healthy Banana Bread
Are you after a healthy BUT tasty Banana Bread for the whole family (including bubby) well here you go! We cut the loaf into slices and freeze individually for snacks on the go or afternoon tea for Mum, Dad and the kids. This recipe has no added sugar and tastes amazing!
- 250 grams wholemeal (whole wheat) self raising flour
- 1x tsp baking powder
- 1/2x tsp cinnamon
- 6x over ripe bananas (tip: the more over-ripe/black the bananas are the sweeter the loaf!)
- 125 grams unsalted butter (that has been softened at room temp or microwaved for 10 seconds and cooled)
- 2x eggs
- *Optional- additional to add into the mixture at the end: if you would like to add some crunch or more goodness, feel free to add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds or crushed walnuts!
- Step 1 Preheat oven 175 degrees celsius. Prepare a floured (or line with baking paper) 11cm tin loaf.
- Step 2 In a a bowl, mash all over-ripe bananas until smooth. Then add the soft/cooled butter and eggs, then stir through until smooth.
- Step 3 Fold through the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cinnamon into the wet mixture bowl until combined (*optional but not needed – feel free to *add chia, pumpkin, sunflower seeds or crushed nuts into the mixture).
- Step 4 Pour mixed batter into the prepared 11cm tin loaf. Ensure your tin loaf isn’t too small else the banana bread will not completely cook. Can top with slices of banana or sprinkle seeds on the top of the loaf!
- Step 5 Place the tin into the middle of the oven for 60 minutes, until the centre is cooked. Check at 60min with a wooden skewer, leave a little longer if needed. Leave to bread to cool in tin for 10min, then remove from tin and place on a wired rack until completely cooled down, then slice.