Healthy Banana Bread
Are you after a healthy BUT tasty Banana Bread for the whole family (including bubby) well here you go! We cut the loaf into slices and freeze individually for snacks on the go or afternoon tea for Mum, Dad and the kids. This recipe has no added sugar and tastes amazing!
- 250 grams wholemeal (whole wheat) self raising flour
- 1x tsp baking powder
- 1/2x tsp cinnamon
- 6x over ripe bananas
- 125 grams unsalted butter (that has been softened at room temp or microwaved for 10 sec)
- 2x eggs
- Optional (for added sweetness): you can add 1 and 1/2 tbs maple syrup.
- Additional to add into the mixture: if you would like to add some crunch or more goodness, feel free to add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, oats or crushed walnuts!
- Step 1 Preheat oven 175 degrees celsius. Prepare a floured (or line with baking paper) 11cm tin loaf.
- Step 2 In a a bowl, mash all bananas until smooth. Then add the soft butter and eggs (optional: add the maple syrup for a sweeter loaf), then stir through until smooth.
- Step 3 Fold through the flour, baking powder, cinnamon into the wet mixture bowl, until combined.
- Step 4 Pour mix batter into the prepared tin loaf.
- Step 5 Can top with slices of banana or sprinkle seeds or oats on the top of the loaf!
- Step 6 Place the tin into the middle of the oven for 60 minutes, until the centre is cooked. Check at 60min with a wooden skewer, leave a little longer if needed.