Spinach & Blueberry Pancakes
Spinach & blueberry pancakes, best of both worlds... savoury and subtly sweet, full of goodness. For 6mo+ bubs. Pancakes are a great way to introduce egg into bubs diet, plus you can pack them with full of goodness for bub to pick up, hold and nibble/eat....either with their fist (young starter babyledweaners 6-8mo), use their pincer grip (usually developed around 8mo+) and older bubs that are using/practicing with cutlery like Ava (around 12mo+)... Blueberries are high in antioxidants and they also contain fiber, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Organic spinach is a great source of iron, protein, fiber, vitamin A & E! Give em a go...
- 1x egg
- 1x small handful of fresh or frozen spinach
- 1x small handful of fresh blueberries
- 1x tablespoon plain flour (or wholemeal flour)
- 1x pinch baking powder
- Step 1 Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until it turns into a pancake like mixture
- Step 2 Using a frying pan, heat up some unsalted butter or olive oil and pour in pancake mixture to make pancakes
- Step 3 Wait for the top of the pancake mixture to create bubbles, then flip over to cook the over side (approx 1min each side)
- Step 4 Then leave to cool and serve!