Easy Peasy Scones
Super easy fluffy scones for baby led weaners, toddlers, friends and family! These scones are tasty, healthy, soft and fluffy, great for snacks or even a breakfast meal on the run. No added salt, No sugar and no nasties! Feel free to add sultanas into the mixture if you would like to sweeten them up.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 80g unsalted butter, chilled then cubed
- 1 cup of full fat milk
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C
- Step 2 In a large bowl, sift all the self-raising flour
- Step 3 Using your fingertips gradually rub all the butter into flour (to become like a breadcrumb texture)
- Step 4 Make a well in the centre.
- Step 5 Using a flat-bladed knife gradually mix in a cup of milk and form a soft dough.
- Step 6 Knead gently until smooth (try not to knead too much or your scones will be tough).
- Step 7 Dust a flat baking tray with plain flour.
- Step 8 Pat dough into a 2cm thick round. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut all your scones, then place scones onto prepared baking tray leaving approx 1cm gap between them.
- Step 9 Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a little plain flour.
- Step 10 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Then leave to cool on a wire rack.