Easy Peasy Scones
Super easy fluffy scones for baby led weaners, toddlers, friends and family! These scones are tasty, healthy, soft and fluffy, great for snacks or even a breakfast meal on the run. No added salt, No sugar and no nasties! Feel free to add sultanas into the mixture if you would like to sweeten them up, if so add them after the butter has been added.
- 3 cups self-raising flour (note: 125 grams per cup)
- 80g unsalted butter (prep: chilled and cubed)
- 1 cup of full fat milk
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Step 1 Prep – preheat oven to 200°C and dust a large baking tray with plain flour. Then, in a large bowl, add all self-raising flour, then using your fingertips gradually rub all the cubed butter into flour (to become like a breadcrumb texture)
- Step 2 Make a well in the centre, then using a flat-bladed knife gradually mix in a cup of milk and form a soft dough. Knead the dough gently until smooth (try not to knead too much or your scones will be tough).
- Step 3 Pat dough down to approx 2cm thick round (for bigger scones make double the thickness,4cm). Then, using a 5cm round cutter or anything round you have in the kitchen to mould our circles, cut all your scones. Place all scones onto prepared baking tray leaving approx 1cm gap between them. Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a little plain flour.
- Step 4 Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Then leave to cool on a wire rack. Note: feel free to add chopped dates or raisins to your dough if you want to mix it up and make sweeter scones!