Easy Peasy Scones
Super easy fluffy scones for baby led weaners, toddlers, friends and family! These scones are tasty, healthy, soft and fluffy, great for snacks or even a breakfast meal on the run. No added salt, No sugar and no nasties! Feel free to add sultanas into the mixture if you would like to sweeten them up, if so add them after the butter has been added.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 80g unsalted butter, chilled then cubed
- 1 cup of full fat milk
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C
- Step 2 In a large bowl, sift all the self-raising flour
- Step 3 Using your fingertips gradually rub all the butter into flour (to become like a breadcrumb texture)
- Step 4 Make a well in the centre.
- Step 5 Using a flat-bladed knife gradually mix in a cup of milk and form a soft dough.
- Step 6 Knead gently until smooth (try not to knead too much or your scones will be tough).
- Step 7 Dust a flat baking tray with plain flour.
- Step 8 Pat dough into a 2cm thick round (for bigger scones make double the thickness,4cm). Using a 5cm round cutter, cut all your scones, then place scones onto prepared baking tray leaving approx 1cm gap between them.
- Step 9 Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a little plain flour.
- Step 10 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Then leave to cool on a wire rack.