Turkey & Cranberry Patties
Freshly made turkey & cranberry patties - turkey is a great source of protein and iron for bub and the family. A great babyledweaning first food. We introduced turkey around 6mo the easiest way was forming turkey mince/ground into round patties, easy to pick up with small hands, nibble, suck or eat. Ava loves these turkey patties. We used fresh cranberries (alt: use 2 tablespoons jar minced cranberries) , turkey mince, sage and breadcrumbs soaked in full fat milk to make the patties nice and soft for gums to chew.
- 250 gram turkey mince
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (alt: use 2 tablespoons jar minced cranberries)
- 1x handful of fresh sage (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs soaked in a 1/4 cup of full fat milk (this will make the patties nice and soft for gums to chew)
- Step 1 In a bowl mix the turkey mince, cranberries, chopped sage and soaked breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Step 2 Once combined, form individual patties and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Step 3 To cook: either pan fry all patties in a little olive oil on a low heat 5 minutes each side, or you can bake them in the over for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 You can freeze the patties once cooked for future family or BLWing meals.