Apple-Coconut Muesli Slice
Made a 'Apple Coconut Muesli slice' today... turned out delicious. Recipe for 6mo+, nice and soft to chew, easy to pick up for young and older bubs, nutritional, perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or snack. Can be stored in the freezer (cut up into slices) for up to 3months.
- 2x bananas (prep: mashed up with a fork)
- 2x apples (prep: grated)
- 1/2 cup of sultanas (prep: soak in hot water)
- 1x cup of whole oats
- 1x cup of coconut flour
- 1x cup of full fat coconut milk
- 2x eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Step 1 Turn oven on 190 degrees. Line a rectangle or square tray with baking paper and unsalted butter or oil.
- Step 2 Soak sultanas in a bowl of hot water.
- Step 3 In a big bowl mash bananas with a fork, then grate both apples, then add all other ingredients: oats, coconut flour, coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon and mix.
- Step 4 Drain the sultanas from the water and then stir into the bowl of mixture.
- Step 5 Once ingredients are all mixed in, using your hands scrap the mixture out and mould it into the tray (the mixture should be a thick heavy texture)
- Step 6 Place into the oven for 25 minutes
- Step 7 Take out, let cool, then slice into squares.
- Step 8 Can eat straight away or place individual slices into a zip lock bag and place into the freezer for up to 3 months. Perfect for a snack for bub and the rest of the family!