Healthy Carob Easter Eggs
Made these little beauties for Easter for Ava and the family. They are absolutely delicious, contains no sugar, 4-ingredients only and all natural ingredients. Using carob over cocao, which is a healthy alternative. This recipe contains nuts so please read guidelines for introducing nuts to babies , guidelines found under, Research and allergies. This healthy snack can be made into carob/nut balls for snacks or treats.They are great for kids parties and full of protein and goodness for the whole family!
- 3x tablespoons of 100% Almond Butter (we make our own - super easy to make)
- 2x tablespoons of Carob Powder (found at most health food shops)
- 2x tablespoons of organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of desicated coconut (to roll balls in)
- Step 1 In a pan on a heated stove top, place almond butter, carob powder and coconut oil and stir/mix for 3 minutes until mixed and a thick and crumbly consistency.
- Step 2 Wait for mixture to cool down before rolling all the balls out into coconut. We shaped our balls into a easter egg shape as it was easter, but usually we roll them into little round balls.
- Step 3 Then you are done! Super easy and you can eat them straight away or store in the fridge or freezer.