Jacket Sweet Potato
Super easy and super tasty Jacket Sweet Potato. The sweet potato comes out of the oven super soft and delicious. Great first food for baby led weaners 6mo+ babies and older babies/toddlers. Note: no need to wrap the potato in foil, just place the potato (cleaned, pricked with a fork and rubbed with a little olive oil) into the centre of the oven for 1hour.
- 1x Sweet Potato
- 1x tablespoon of olive oil
- Step 1 Line the bottom rack of the oven with foil, just in case some of the sweet potato juices leak in the oven (do not place the foil at the bottom of the oven)
- Step 2 Pre-heat oven on 200 degrees c.
- Step 3 Clean, scrub the sweet potato with warm water until clean.
- Step 4 Prick the sweet potato 5 to 6 times with a fork, then rub the potato with olive oil.
- Step 5 Place sweet potato directly into the middle rack of the oven (above the foiled rack) and set the timer to bake for 1 hour.
- Step 6 At the 30 minute mark, use tongs and turn the sweet potato over.
- Step 7 After 1 hour, take out the sweet potato, cut in half and leave to cool.
- Step 8 Once cooled, serve to bub either warm or cold by placing a half onto the tray. Serve with a fork for older bubs.
- Step 9 Additional side: in a bowl add 2x tablespoons of full fat Greek yogurt with some finely chopped chives.