Super easy and tasty salmon croquettes are great for BLWing starters 6mo+ the texture of them are slightly crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. So easy for bub to pick up and hold and are great for the whole family. Very nutritional with a great source of protein, omega 3 and slow energy release carbohydrate. Easy to freeze and have snacks and meals ready to go!
- 1x large Sweet Potato (I used Japanese Sweet Potato, but you can use the Australian Sweet potato or use two standard white potatoes)
- 2x cans of Pink Salmon (105gram, *you can also use Tuna in place of salmon to make tuna croquettes) - either remove all bones or squash the soft canned salmon bones into mixture. You can also use fresh cooked salmon.
- The outside layer of the croquette: set out 3x different bowls and in each bowl place
- 1/4 cup plain flour in one
- 1x egg mixed in another
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs in the other bowl
- Step 1 Cut up the sweet potato into cubes and cook until soft (steam or boil). Once cooked – mash the sweet potato in a bowl
- Step 2 Add the 2x cans of salmon (minus the bones), add a little salmon oil from one of the cans to make the mixture a tad moist
- Step 3 Mix all ingredients together with your hands and shape croquettes into balls or long oval shape fingers. Then coat each ball one at a time in: flour, egg then breadcrumbs
- Step 4 Shallow fry (or bake) in olive oil until golden brown
- Step 5 Enjoy!