A BLW Family Meal - Rosemary & Lemon Chicken Drumsticks
What a healthy easy 'baby led weaning dinner' for the family looks like for 6mo+ Rosemary chicken drumsticks with lemon squeezed over chicken, roasted pumpkin, broccoli, carrot, sweet potato, onion and garlic chunks.
- 6x chicken drumsticks
- 2x carrots (cut up into 5cm sticks)
- 1/4x pumpkin (pieces cut up into 5cm sticks)
- 1x red capsicum (pepper) (cut up into 5cm sticks)
- 1x big floret of broccoli (cut up into approx 5cm)
- 1x sweet potato
- 2x red onions
- 4x garlic cloves
- 2x tablespoons of rosemary
- 1x lemon
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Step 2 Prepare a tray with baking paper or foil.
- Step 3 Separately wash each chicken drumstick with warm water and then remove the chicken leg skin/fat before placing on the tray (lined with baking paper)
- Step 4 Wash all vegetables and cut them all up into approx 5cm stick size pieces. Once all cut up place all vegetables around the drumsticks.
- Step 5 Cut the lemon in half and squeeze on top of all ingredients. Then leave the halves of lemon in the tray alongside all the vegetables.
- Step 6 Spray the vegetables and chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle dried or fresh rosemary on all vegetables and chicken, make sure you rub all the oil and rosemary over all ingredients.
- Step 7 Place tray into the oven and roast for approx 25min.
- Step 8 Once all chicken and veg are cooked, check the legs have stopped bleeding.
- Step 9 Squeeze the cooked lemon on top of ingredients again.
- Step 10 Then serve.
- Step 11 Optional for mum and dad: add salt or gravy afterwards. Easy roast dinner. Great for bub’s lunch the next day as well!