Ginger & Date Soft Biscuits
These super healthy 'Soft Ginger and Date Biscuits' are great for bub's 6m+ no sugar, healthy and sweetened by natural sugars. Delicious for the whole family! A nice introduction to ginger for bub.
- 1.5 cups (150grams) x wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
- 1.5 tsp (5g) x baking powder
- 2x tbsp of grated fresh ginger (alternately use ginger ground)
- 2x tbsp of cinnamon
- 2x tbsp of coconut oil (alternately unsalted butter)
- 1x large egg
- 1x tsp of vanilla bean extract
- 10x dates
- 3x tbsp of full fat greek yogurt
- 1x banana
- Step 1 Set oven to 170 degrees.
- Step 2 Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Step 3 Finely cut up OR blend all the dates, then place into a large bowl.
- Step 4 Over the large bowl using a grater, grate approx 2x tablespoons of fresh ginger.
- Step 5 Add ALL ingredients into this same large bowl.
- Step 6 Mix all ingredients.
- Step 7 Once combined, roll the dough into 15 balls (or more! i did relatively large balls that made up 15, depending the size of the biscuit you want) and place balls evenly on the tray lines with baking paper (as per pic)
- Step 8 Dip a fork into a cup of water, each time and use the fork to flatten each ball to make a biscuit shape (be creative)
- Step 9 Once all flattened, place biscuits into the over for 25 minutes until cooked.
- Step 10 Leave to cool, then either freeze the biscuits for later or place into a jar.