Almond Spiced Porridge Balls
Easy to make, easy for bub to pick up and easy to clean up! These always go down well with Bub. Mum eats this for breakfast as well. These balls are great for BLW starters 6m+ so easy to pick up! Keeping our nut intake up! (note: we introduced nut paste at 6mo old in accordance with the ASCIA 2016 guidelines - for latest guidelines on introducing nuts and allergy foods please see my website homepage)
- 1/2 cup of quick oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 1x tablespoon of sultanas or blueberries
- 2x tablespoons of almond meal (finely crushed almonds)
- Step 1 Place all ingredients in a pan on stove-top for 2min.
- Step 2 Slowly stir until all ingredients are combined and sticky/gluggy texture.
- Step 3 Leave to cool, then using a tablespoon scoop out porridge and make into big balls (easy for bub to pick up) and place directly onto bub’s high chair tray!
- Step 4 Note: for younger bubs 6mo+ make bigger balls so bub can pick them up with his/her fist. For older bub’s (9.5mo+ has pincer grip) you can make smaller balls to pick up with her/his pincer grip.