BLW Beef & Spinach Patties
Iron booster baby led weaning patties for bub's 6mo+ They are easy to pick up and hold for younger and older bubs, full of iron (which is essential for bubs brain development - ref:APP), only 4 ingredients and can freeze for future meals.
- 400g of Organic free range beef mince
- 1 cup of frozen spinach (make sure you defrost the spinach and then squeeze all the water out of it) or can use fresh spinach finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Step 1 Initial prep tip! Make sure you defrost the spinach and squeeze all the water out of it.
- Step 2 In a bowl combine the beef mince, spinach, bread crumbs and 2x eggs.
- Step 3 Once combined, make as many patties as you like !tip! wet your hands so the beef mince doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Step 4 Turn on your stove top with a large pan, spray or pour some olive oil into pan.
- Step 5 Place all patties into the pan for approx 3minutes until half cooked, then flip all the patties and cook the other side for 3minutes.
- Step 6 Leave to cool down a little. Serve to bub freshly cooked patties with a side of steamed sweet potato or any other steamed vegetables.
- Step 7 Freeze – the rest of the patties for meals during the week or month. Cooked patties can last up to a 2-3 months. Uncooked patties can last between 3-4 months. To freeze lay the patties into a zip lock bag or container with baking paper to separate all patties.