Salt-free Fresh Pasta
'Salt-free easy fresh pasta' for the family. Great for BLW. It's so easy to make. Taste amazing. Great way to introduce eggs if you haven't. Recipe suitable 6m+ (42 minutes takes into account - pasta resting in the fridge for 30minutes)
- 2 cups plain flour (or wholemeal)
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 3 eggs
- Optional- add herbs to the flour before starting for flavour ie basil, oregano etc
- Step 1 Pour flour into bowl
- Step 2 Create a well in the center
- Step 3 Drop 3 eggs and olive oil
- Step 4 With a fork whisk the eggs and olive oil together, then slowly whisk in the flour (note: add a ‘little’ more flour if dough is too wet) .
- Step 5 Once all combined knead until you have a smooth stiff ball.
- Step 6 Wrap in cling wrap and leave to set in fridge for 30min (this process sets the gluten).
- Step 7 Once set, cut ball into 4, and work on 1 section at a time and roll out into REALLY REALLY thin sheets (the trick?) and then cut into pasta noodles ?
- Step 8 Shake the cut pasta strands into a loose pile and dust with flour.
- Step 9 The pasta can be dropped into boiling water to cook for approx 2min or can be piled onto a baking sheet in single portions and frozen.