3-ingredient Apricot Chicken recipe for the whole family. Super healthy and easy to make with natural ingredients. The sweetness of the apricots combined with juicy chicken breast make a delicious and nutritious dinner.
- 3x chicken breast
- 8x juicy Apricots (over-riped apricots work well)
- 2x red onions
- Step 1 Prep: roughly chop up the two red onions, separately cut up all the chicken breast into 5cm slices (for 6-9month old babies) OR small cubes of chicken (for older bubs 9m+). Separately cut all apricots in halves.
- Step 2 Cook: Pour some olive oil into a fry pan (make sure the fry pan has a lid for later), once hot place all onions in until soft, once onions are soft place all chicken in until 3/4 cooked, then add all apricot halves into the pan
- Step 3 Combine all ingredients
- Step 4 Place the lid on the pan and leave to simmer and steam for 5minutes.
- Step 5 After 5 minutes, remove lid and use the back of a fork or spoon to squash all the apricots, place lid back on again and leave to steam and simmer for 10minutes.
- Step 6 Keep checking and stirring.
- Step 7 After 15-20minutes the apricot chicken becomes a beautiful combined, sweet texture.
- Step 8 Ready to serve.
- Step 9 Serve with either rice or steamed vegetables.