Baby Led Weaning Soft 'n' Juicy Meatballs
A great blw dinner for Bub and the family! We cooked these for Bub at 6mo and she still loves them at 11mo. My hubby's 'super soft/juicy meatball recipe' for dinner for the family and bub tonight. Bub loved them! Super easy, soft balls and easy to pick up ??
- 250g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 3x tablespoons of breadcrumbs soaked in 1/4 cup milk
- 1x onion
- 2x cloves garlic
- 1x bunch of sage finely chopped
- Tomato sauce:
- 500g tomato puree (salt reduced)
- 5x mushrooms
- 1x bunch basil
- Step 1 Finely chop onion and garlic and lightly fry in a little olive oil in a pan until soft.
- Step 2 Separately soak breadcrumbs in milk in a bowl leave until absorbed and soft.
- Step 3 Mix pork and beef mince, add soaked breadcrumbs (THE SECRET ? in making soft meatballs), add soft onion and garlic and finely chopped sage.
- Step 4 Shape meatballs nice and big and lightly dust each meatball with flour.
- Step 5 Pan fry meatballs for a couple of minutes in a little olive oil until a slightly cooked.
- Step 6 Remove and place undercooked meatballs into a dish filled with the tomato puree (as per picture), add chopped mushrooms and chopped basil, then bake (let the balls simmer in tomato puree) in oven for 20min on 180 degrees.
- Step 7 Serve with steamed vegetable, mash or pasta!