Great for baby led weaning. 6m+ Full of protein, fiber and iron. Easy to pick up for 6m+ bubs and older. My bub is now 12mo. We offered egg around 6.5mo, following the 2016 ASCIA Guidelines for infant feeding and allergy prevention, which recommend to introduce egg and allergenic foods early within the first year after 6mo. 'When your infant is ready, at around 6 months, but not before 4 months, start to introduce a variety of solid foods, starting with iron rich foods, while continuing breastfeeding.' Check out official guidelines and research under Research & Allergies on my homepage.
- 1x slice of wholemeal bread (either homemade bread ? or fresh bread from the bakery)
- 1x egg
- 1x frozen spinach cube or cut up fresh spinach
- Step 1 In a bowl mix spinach and egg together, once combined soak one side of the slice of bread in the mixture, leave for 30sec and flip over and soak the other side – soaking up most of the egg.
- Step 2 Get your pan with a little olive oil and pan fry the eggy spinach bread – 1min one side, flip, and then 1min on the other side.
- Step 3 Cut into Long finger pieces easy and ready for bub to pick up and eat!