Ava’s 1st Birthday Cake - Healthy and natural
November 6, 2016
: It is a doubled layered cake that serves a party of 30+ (note: for a 2-tier cake, DOUBLE the cake ingredients below and repeat the same cake making process again for the second layer), note: 1x layer cake takes 45minutes to cook thus double that if you are making a 2x layered cake. However please feel free to just make a single layered cake. I made a double layered cake, and used the coconut icing in the centre of the cakes. Also note the tin I used was called the Wilton Cake Pan 13 inch x 9 inch Silver.
: 15 min
: 45 min
: 1 hr 15 min
Ava’s 1st Birthday Cake - naturally sweetened!
- Cake ingredients for a 1-tier cake below. Note: for a 2-tier cake double ingredients and repeat cake steps.
- • 4 large Bananas
- • 10 Medjool dates remove seeds
- • 6 Eggs
- • 1/4 cup Coconut oil melted
- • 1 cup Coconut flour
- • 1 tbsp Mixed spices or just cinnamon
- • 1.5 teaspoons Baking powder
- • 1/2 cup Blueberries
- • 2 cans Coconut milk (not coconut water) ensure you buy the FULL FAT milk (leave in the fridge over night before making the icing) * another option is to use full fat cream cheese instead of coconut milk (blend with the vanilla essence until light and fluffy)
- • 2 tbsp 100% Pure Vanilla Essence
- • 3/4 cup Blueberries
- Step 1 Cake
- Step 2 • Preheat oven 170 degrees and grease pan
- Step 3 • Blend dates in blender, then add bananas and quickly blend (don’t over mix)
- Step 4 • Pour blended ingredients into a bowl, then add/combine coconut flour, eggs, coconut oil, mixed spices and baking powder.
- Step 5 • Once combined (leave mixed ingredients to sit for 10min waiting for the coconut flour to expand)
- Step 6 • Stir through blueberries
- Step 7 • Pour combined ingredients into your greased ‘1 cake tin’ and then place into the oven for 45min or until cooked in centre (test with a wooden skewer)
- Step 8 • make the icing: spoon out the ‘top of’ the coconut milk (not the liquid only the condensed milk that has been set), place into a bowl, add vanilla essence and whisk until icing is nice, fluffy and forms peaks. Now place into the fridge to keep cold
- Step 9 • Back to the cake, once cooked. Remove from tray and leave to cool on a rack.
- Step 10 • Repeat the same cake recipe again, above, using the same ingredients to make the top layer (same cake again)
- Step 11 • Once you have both layers of the cake cooled down, spoon out the top of the coconut milk to make icing for the middle of the cake for the cake to stick together, and then the same for the top of the cake. Add blueberries to the top of the cake for decoration.
- Step 12 • Enjoy and have an amazing 1st Birthday Party!