'Snow Balls' - easy to pick up & tasty!
These SUPER easy Snow Balls are a staple in our family for #myblwer Ava. They are suitable for 6mo+ they are nice and soft to chew on and so easy to handle without the mess. We have been offering these to Ava since she was 6mo, I wanted a breakfast that I could offer Ava without the mess, easy to pick up and full of nutrition. They are so easy to make, I usually prepare them on Sunday evening and they will last a few days. I offer these to bub for breakfast or snacks when are busy (which is always hehe) and on the run. These balls include full fat greek yogurt which is a great source of calcium for growing babies! Ava does not drink cows milk, so this was a great way to get more calcium into Ava's diet.
- 1/2 cup raw quick oats or whole oats (oatmeal)
- 2x tablespoons of full fat greek yogurt (or for a dairy-free option use coconut yogurt!)
- 1x handful of blueberries
- 2x tablespoons of coconut (to use for coating the balls)
- (*additional / optional - change the balls up my mixing up the ingredients... add Chia seeds, peanut butter, crushed walnuts, almond butter, grated apple, strawberries- you name it! I added almond butter and Chia seeds for Ava however have tried all varieties).
- Step 1 In a bowl combine raw oats, yogurt and blueberries (*or/and any other additional ingredients) until the mixture becomes a sticky, gluggy and thick consistency.
- Step 2 Once combined, spoon out individual little balls and roll them onto a prepared plate with coconut (which will prevent them from sticking to each other).
- Step 3 Let the balls set in the fridge overnight OR bub can eat them straight away. I usually leave them in the fridge to set overnight and then have them on hand for a quick and east breakfast or snacks over the next few days.